Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Greetings from The Booger Brigade!















I have one booger getting teeth and one losing them. It's a neverending barrel of chuckles at my house.
---------------------------------------------

I was sitting on my bed feeding Rowan a few weeks ago after M&G had gone to bed when I heard the pitter-patter of little feet coming my way. In my doorway stands a forlorn Gavin. Tears welling in his eyes, chin quivering, he tells me that he's afraid that he's going to have to leave soon.

"Leave to go where, sweetie?!" At this point, despite not knowing what he's talking about, my eyes are welling up - something has broken his adorable little 6 year old heart and that, in turn, is breaking mine.

"I'm going to have to go live with another familyyyyyy." he wailed, nearly sobbing now.

"Oh sweetie, no! You're stuck with us! I'd have you live with me forever if I could!" I say, halfway between crying myself and laughing hysterically.

"But, but..." *sniffles* "I'm going to marry Abby-gail and then I'll have to live at her house." *snivels* "Do you know where she lives..." *hard gulp* *deep, wobbly breath* ".....so you can come visit meeeee?" *full blown sobbing, his head in my lap*

After I wrestled my swollen heart out of my throat, I explained to him that not only would he not be getting married to Abby-gail for a long time, he would probably be driving himself by then so he could come over any time he wants. In fact, if you don't come visit me, you little fink, then you'll be written out of the will!
------------------------------------------

Abby-gail and her parents came for a cookout the following weekend and I recounted this story to them. I was meeting her dad for the first time that day but I was worried that he thought my adorable mama's-boy was a pervert or something. Thankfully, he thinks it is as cute as the rest of us do. Whew!

As I was making Gavin's burger, I jokingly pulled her mother aside (I totally love her mom) and said "Now, because Gavin is going to be living with you when they get married, you need to dress his burgers with a smiley face in ketchup on the bun. And it'd better have a nose, otherwise you'll never hear the end of it."

She said "Let me go get Abigail so you can tell her this. She'll be the wife after all. Better yet, just make a rule book and give it to her at the bridal shower."

I look over and Gavin is glaring at me as his future mother-in-law and I crack up laughing.

Parenthood is so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment