Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ponderings...

  • Is handing-down underwear between brothers nasty? Gavin doesn't really seem to care (or notice - observant, that one) but I sometimes wonder if it is something I should be doing. The underwear aren't stained, but they might have the occasional hole and may be a little dingy (men are almost as rough on underwear as they are on shoes). I would have been grossed out if I had to wear my sister's old underwear (no offense, sis). Is this because I am a female (and thus have standards)? Gavin would rather run around nekkid anyway so if I'm going to put him through the injustice of having to wear britches at all, what does it matter if they have someone else's skidmarks in them?
  • Is it rude to breastfeed at the dinner table? We were having our usual Sunday evening family dinner at home and Rowan just would not stop fussing. In the interest of actually being able to hear our conversations (he is by far the loudest of my boys, during the baby stage anyway - Gavin is one of those REALLY LOUD TALKERS), I fed him right there at the table. I doubted he was really hungry but there are few ills that a boob won't fix. Nobody else seemed to care but it still felt weird to me. Granted, I can't pee without someone coming in and busting out a month's worth of soliloquies and they will probably need years worth of therapy for as much as they've seen my boobs in the last 4 months but still...
I'm sure there's more but we'll cross that bridge later. I've probably traumatized you enough for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment